»

Welcome!

Welcome to Rumbly Tumbly: a blog dedicated to yummy recipes! And not just my recipes. I'd love it if you would share yours as well! If you'd like to become an author on this blog, please let me know so that I can add you. vteemant@hotmail.com

Happy Cooking!

-Veronica

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Homemade Whole Wheat Pizza

Thanks Veronica for making me a contributor to this blog!  I've thought about doing a recipe blog before - since so many people do it, and it looks fun....  but I barely keep up with my own non-food blogging!  So this is perfect - I can just do recipe posts whenever!

Here is one that we do quite often in our home - homemade pizza!  It's way better than the fastfood version. And less expensive.



  • 1 1/2 cups warm water 
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tsp honey (or you could use sugar)
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 1/4 cups cups whole wheat flour (preferably whole wheat pastry flour, but either works fine)
  • Put the honey in the warm water. Sprinkle the yeast over the top, and let stand for about 10 minutes, until foamy.

    Stir the olive oil and salt into the yeast mixture, then pour it into a breadmachine and add the whole wheat flour.

    Select dough cycle or pizza dough cycle. (takes about 1 hour)

    Preheat the oven to 425. Roll a ball of dough with a rolling pin until it will not stretch any further. Then, drape it over both of your fists, and gently pull the edges outward, while rotating the crust. When the circle has reached the desired size, place on a nonstick sprayed pizza pan. 

    Cook dough for 8 minutes.

    Add toppings - we usually do tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, whatever meat we have around, bell peppers and/or whatever other veggies we have. 

    Bake for about 10 minutes (depending on thickness) in the preheated oven, until the crust is crisp and golden at the edges, and cheese is melted on the top.





2 comments:

Veronica said...

That looks really good. I am always looking for good pizza crust recipes!

Robins Fam said...

So glad I found this! I am trying this tomorrow night!!