»

Welcome!

Welcome to Rumbly Tumbly: a blog dedicated to yummy recipes! And not just my recipes. I'd love it if you would share yours as well! If you'd like to become an author on this blog, please let me know so that I can add you. vteemant@hotmail.com

Happy Cooking!

-Veronica

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cream Puffs


Cream Puff Pastry:

- 1 C. butter
- 2 C. water
- 2 C. sifted flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 eggs

Bring butter and water to a boil. Turn heat to low then add the flour and salt. Cook for about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until smooth.

Drop by large tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart, then bake in a pre-heated 350* oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden. Poke each pastry with a toothpick 3-4 times to let the steam out. Cool completely on wire rack.

Cream Puff Filling:

- 2 C. milk
- 1/3 C. flour
- 1/2 C. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- whipped cream

While the pastry is baking, boil the milk, flour, sugar and salt for about 2 minutes, whisking constantly to remove any lumps. Cool slightly. To prevent making scrambled eggs, break the eggs in a small dish and add 1 ladle full of the mixture whisking quickly until completely blended. Then blend this entire mixture back into the pot. Add vanilla. Cool completely. Fold in desired amount of whipped cream (I usually whip my own cream & I use about 1/2 pint).

Once the cream puffs are cooled and the filling is ready, simply slice the puffs in half leaving them slightly attached on one end. Fill. Makes 4 dozen. Refrigerate any left-overs. Enjoy!


I brought these over to a party last week and they were a hit! This recipe can be dived in half, but they dissapear so fast that I don't see the point. These are soooo good and soooo easy to make!

-Veronica

1 comments:

DenosClan said...

These look so yummy. I'm going to make them for the Valentines Party tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe.